The New Bedford Rotary Club
Invites applicants to apply for its
Six $1,000 Scholarship Awards in 2017
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A resident of New Bedford and/or a graduate of a New Bedford high school
- An entering freshman at an accredited college or university
- Able to use the $1,000 award in the 2017-2018 school year
To be considered for a scholarship, applicant must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Complete the Rotary Club of New Bedford Rotary scholarship application.
- Provide an official high-school transcript
- Provide an acceptance letter from the college or university (or copy thereof)
- Provide an original essay (approximately 250-300 words, typed and double-spaced); the subject of the essay is left to the applicant's discretion
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation (from teachers, guidance counselors, etc.)
- The completed application and supporting documentation as referenced above must be received by the Rotary Club of New Bedford no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2017; incomplete application packages will not be considered
Selection will be based upon:
- financial need
- academic achievement
- community service
Scholarships will be paid out upon receipt of proof of enrollment for the second semester (Spring 2018).
For further information, please contact Rich Medicke at 508-965-0873 or via e-mail at
The Rotary Club is the world’s largest volunteer service organization. Rotary members are business and professional leaders who work in their communities to help promote world understanding and peace. Rotary’s 33,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and regions encourage high ethical standards and carry out humanitarian projects to address such issues as poverty, health, hunger, education, and the environment.